Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Freshman Year

Reflection on My Freshman Year at MMIB High School


My Freshman year at Marshall Montessori International Baccalaureate High School was wonderful and the finest experience I’ve had. I always thought high school would be my downfall of life because I thought it would be so hard. Yes, it was hard but I kept my G.P.A. above a 3.0 and I worked hard on every assignment I had. I also had help from the great staff of MMIB. They help me make through the jungle of the hard assignments and all the misunderstanding of work I had. They explained things so well and if I still didn’t understand something, they still found a way for me to do so. Before I came to MMIB I used to always get in trouble and couldn’t stay out of it but when I came here I stayed out of trouble and haven’t got suspended or wrote up not once this year. I was too busy with work or my extracurricular activities to even think about doing the wrong things. The teachers here at MMIB are like another family in my eyes and I thank them for al the things that they have done for me this year. Next year I will be a Sophomore and I will share this experience to the new comers and I hope they get attached to this school just like I did. These are all my classes I had this year and a reflection from me on how the class was:


Class: Biology

Teacher: Mr.Stangel

This class was so confusing yet so interesting.


Class: Algebra

Teacher: Mrs. Moran

This class was hard as a rock but I got it done cause I put my mind to it.


Class: Art

Teacher: Mrs. Schwarten

I love drawing and painting and all the other enthusiastic ways of art.


Class: Chinese

Teacher: Mrs. Ding

I never thought I’d learn this language cause I made so much fun of it as a child. This language is a language everyone should want to learn.


Class: British Authors

Teacher: Mr. Magnuson

This class wasn’t interesting to me until I actually did the work. We read good books and hope to read more. I think this would be my favorite class of my Freshman Year.


Class: Humanities

Teacher(s):Mr. Lippert and Mr. Zimmers

OMG!! This class is still confusing till this day to me but I worked hard and did all the work.


Class: Accounting

Teacher: Mrs. Moran

I thought this would be hard but It’s so easy so far. I love it though!!


Class: Student Justice

Teacher: Mr. Johnston

This class is a one of a kind class and I think that it should be a major to study in college. It taught me the rights and wrongs of the justice and how to restore justice in crimes.


Class: Citizenship

Teacher: Mrs. Faloran

This class taught me how to get into my community and how I can help my community with certain problems that consist within it.


Class: Zen Garden

Teacher: Mr. Lippert

I love this class because I get to do hard labor and I get to help clean the courtyard of Marshall High School.


Class: Growing Power

Teacher: Mr. Glaber and Growing Power Staff

This class is so interesting cause you get to work with plants and animals in green houses. I love helping the world and keeping it Green.


Class: Home E.C.

Teacher: Mrs. Ogunkunle

I loved this class cause we did a lot of cooking and eating but beyond that we also got to knit and sew. We also learned table manners and the basics of home structure.


Class: Physical Education

Teacher: Mr. Stefanovich

I’ve never failed this class and probably never will. I liked the fun activities that I had no idea that they existed but it was fun playing them.


No comments: