Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Study Hall

By:Giovanni Ragsdale

Blog: Why are there no study halls for freshman and sophomores?

That is a question that many freshman and sophomores including me are asking and I still haven’t found any answers. I asked a couple of teachers (Mr. Magnuson and Ms. Lemke) and they both gave the same response saying “that is a great question that I wish I had the answer to”. They went on to say that they felt like a study hall for freshman and sophomores would be a great idea. I also think that it is a great idea because the work at MMIB is very challenging, and I know that we all can agree on that, so a study hall would be a great opportunity for the students.
Study hall is given to juniors only in MMIB and I feel like that is unfair. I think that all of the students in MMIB get about the same amount of work so I think that we all deserve to have a study hall. I think that if a study hall was given to every student it could help to raise grades and test scores. Study hall could be used in various ways like to do some class work or home work from your classes, study for a quiz or test, start a study group and get help with some of the things that you don’t understand or you could just use the study hall as a grace period after a day of work you can take a rest. Study hall could be used as a time during the day to just relax listen to your mp3 or I pod and get some work done.
In order for the MMIB freshman and sophomores to get study hall there will be a couple of steps you need to take to make this happen. You should ask yourself do you really want a study hall. If your answer to that question is yes than you need to follow these steps to get a study hall, first you and or a group of people need to first write the issue that you are talking about, next you need to get the opinion of other students, the next and final step is to go to either Ms. Hmeleski, Mr. Stefanovich or Mr. Zimmers and talk to them about it and it will be in their hands to make the decision on if a study hall will be given to you. I would recommend that every student try to get study hall could it could be a great opportunity for you to improve your grades. I think that if study hall is given it should be given on Tuesday and Thursday during the last hour of the day. I think that would be a good time for it because on Tuesday and Thursday’s are classes are 3 hours long and it would be shorter if you have study hall for the last hour.

Please comment on your opinion and how you feel about this blog.

No comments: